Friday, August 3, 2012

Hospitality at its best

The host families in Dublin could not have been more courteous or welcoming to Mercedes and I. The father, Oliver, picked us up from the bus stop after a little confusion. He was extremely polite and outgoing. When we got to their house, his wife, Gwen, had already made us a lavish dinner. Afterwards, they gave Sarina, Mercedes and I a quick tour of some interesting parts of Dublin. Their generosity continued throughout the week as they took us to pubs, museums, the mall, etc. I couldn't, and still cannot, thank them enough for welcoming us into their home. Although I was a little nervous at first, I had a wonderful time chatting about current events and getting to know them. Apparently they believe Americans are very polite! My host family was also very informative about Irish culture, opinion and politics. It was a great experience getting an insider's view which was both uncut and real. 
-Morgan 

No comments:

Post a Comment